Saturday 29 November 2014

Lip Factory October 2014

Lip Factory always shows up around the end of the month, but the October box was delayed. There was a message provided by the company stating that there was a dispute with one of the vendors (Frost Cosmetics - it wasn't hard to figure that one out). According to the product information card, this box was supposed to include a Frost Cosmetics lipgloss, but they never shipped them to Lip Factory (although the message says that as soon as they are received, Lip Factory will mail it out to their subscribers). They did include an extra lipstick as a bonus product to make up for the late shipment (and it ended up being my favourite item from the box - so I guess win?). My November box has not showed up yet, but I'm sure that could be blamed on the lovely snow we've received this week...

Cost: $26/month USD 

I'm a fan of the black tissue paper/lip sticker packaging. It's consistent every month, which is nice :)

First look - oh goodness, what is that atrocity?

Product information card - the Frost Cosmetics Lip Gloss was not included (as mentioned earlier)

Value: $10.99
Ugh. I would never pay $11 for something this ugly. I wouldn't even pick this up if I saw it at the Dollarstore. This is tacky and ugly and I didn't even need to consider keeping this - it went straight into the give-away pile (although I did consider placing it directly into the garbage...)

Value: $24
This is a gorgeous colour! When I first opened it, I was a little worried - it looked a little funny. But, I quickly realized that it was because the box had sat outside for a few hours (in Canada, in November) so it was just frozen!). I've worn this a few times already, it's a light pink that I can get away with wearing without looking like I painted on my lips (I love bright reds/pinks, don't get me wrong, but they're not always practical for everyday wear)


Value: $13
I really like this colour, but when I tried to apply it I realized how long it's been since I've worn pencil eyeliner. Oh man I sucked at it. If I wear eyeliner these days, its always a gel type applied with a brush, which seems to give me so much more control. I guess I just need to keep trying until I can get this to work haha.

Value: $8.95
Lip glosses! L will be so excited to see more of these in the house haha... I haven't opened these yet, but they have been placed in my box of unopened lip glosses which I plan on keeping and using at a later date.

Value: $25
My bonus product (due to Frost not sending their lipgloss) ended up being my favourite item in the October box. This is one of those colours I couldn't pull off on a daily basis, but it is beautiful. It's a dark, vampy, cranberry red which goes on so full of colour. This is a perfect colour for a fancy Christmas party. This also has SPF 20, which is a nice little added bonus I love to see in lipsticks/lip glosses :)



The October box contained 5 products valued at $81.94. If Lip Factory does end up sending me the Frost lipgloss this box was supposed to contain, the value will jump up to $97.93. Either way, it's well above what I paid, and the only truly awful product was the makeup bag.

I believe the November box is supposed to be all about the lips, so I can't wait to see what it contains!

xoxo,
Fallon



No comments:

Post a Comment