Tuesday 24 November 2015

Meowbox October 2015


It's been awhile since I've done a review for Meowbox, but we have been receiving it consistently since June 2014 (I keep renewing a 6 month subscription). It's a big hit with the cats, some of their all-time favourite toys have come from these boxes, and it has introduced us to so many great treats that we probably would not have purchased if not for Meowbox.

Cost: $32.95/month 
          $27.95/month on a 3 month subscription ($83.85 charged every 6 months)
          $22.95/month on a 6 month subscription ($137.70 charged every 6 months)


I love the personalization each month! Obviously the cats don't care about this, but it makes me feel like they value my business by adding a personal touch. Everything is always nicely wrapped in orange tissue paper with a little feather, which the cats usually try to destroy.

Value: $6?
Meowbox has sent items from this company before, and they have all been a hit. Pita loved this thing! They clearly contain decent catnip because Pita licked this thing for about half an hour when I first gave it to her. Magoo loves chewing on catnip toys for some reason, so I've had to hide this thing.

Value: $3.99
I honestly forgot about this being in this box, I don't think I've seen it since I took this picture. One of the pets must have kicked it under a couch or took it downstairs. In this house, hard to say where it went....

Value: $6.99
We received the red version of this, and oh man does it stink. It actually smells like fish, gross. That said, Hero went absolutely nuts over this thing (see picture below). It's been awhile since he's loved a toy this much...so if he's happy I'm happy!

Value: $4.55 (Amazon.ca price)
This toy has been a hit with all of the animals. I've caught both dogs and both cats playing with it, and it's been strong enough to hold up against all of them so far.

Value: $3.19
Meowbox has sent this brand of treats before. The cats ate them, even though they were in no way their favourite. Hero will eat these, Pita prefers soft treats. This brand is also sold for dogs, which our guys love though.

Hero was one happy kitty cat with his new fish. To keep this away from the dogs it's been placed into a giant box that Hero likes to hide it, and every so often we'll hear him inside the box going crazy playing with this thing. 

This box contained 5 items (4 of which were toys) with a total combined value of $24.72. On a 6 month subscription it's just barely worth more than the price I paid, but on a 3 month or month-to-month you wouldn't even break even (if that's what is important). I like receiving new-to-us products that I probably wouldn't pick up and buy on my own. This is a subscription box that's around to stay for awhile.

xoxo, 
Fallon



No comments:

Post a Comment