Sunday 29 November 2015

What The Hell Is A Pre-RD ADR @ BOG?!

After we had our dates set, I started reading about Disney World and I quickly realized that it was very different from Disneyland. We were able to fly by the seat of our pants when we went to Disneyland - zero planning was involved (we decided to go to Anaheim on a Monday afternoon and landed there Thursday afternoon). This time was going to be different - good thing we had 8 months to plan!

We didn't book our tickets for our flights until mid-August, but I spent many hours in May, June and July reading articles and blogs about Disney World. One thing I kept noticing were the abbreviations that kept being used. Disney people are pretty intense about their abbreviations, let me tell you! At first, I had no idea what people were talking about, until I found this handy little website: http://allears.net/tp/abrev.htm 

So, what exactly is a Pre-RD ADR @ BOG? In simple English, that is a pre-rope-drop (before the park opens) advance dining reservation at Be Our Guest (a restaurant located in Magic Kingdom). These blog posts are essentially a PTR - a pre-trip report. Once we get back from our stay at ASMu (All-Star Music Resort), I'll be writing a TR (a trip report) about our experience with PH (park-hopper's) and FP+ (fast-pass plus).

Did all of those abbreviations make your head spin? I personally avoid shortening words whenever possible (I am the person who will text "y-o-u" instead of "u" every single time). Going forward with my planning posts about our Disney trip, I will try to use real words instead of letters, but you will see a few. If you're ever curious about what I'm trying to say, just leave a comment!

xoxo,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment